Tap Manager Applications¶
What is it ?¶
It means that you don't need to publish yourself an app on the playstore. Low level communication with the Tap Device is handled for you.
This solution is made for you if
- You need a Proof Of Concept for your app
- You don't have mobile app coding skills
- You don't need advanced mobile features such a GPS.
How does it work ?¶
Tap Manager runs your webapp inside a
WebView. When you connect to a device through the app it will:
- Read the url configured on the tap device.
- Download your application (an internet connection is required)
- Inject the device in your web app
- Run your application in the webview
Create your app¶
To create your web app you have 3 choices:
- Use a dynamically created app.
- Use the app generator.
- Create an application from scratch.
1. Dynamically created app¶
No documented yet
2. Using the App Generator¶
No documented yet
3. Developing from scratch¶
You need at least 2 libraries:
@iotize/device-client.jsthe core library
@iotize/device-com-webview.jsfor communication between the webview and your application.
Development is similar to developing for the
browser except that your app will run inside a
webview instead of a navigator.
Here a minimal application that reads the application name configured on the Tap Device.
Tips See Tap Device documentation about Sending requests if don't understand this example.
More advanced web app¶
You can also develop your web app using your favorite
Typescript definition files are provided with the libraries.
Publishing your app¶
Tap Manager must be able to download your app from the internet.
To do so, your app should be hosted on an
http server of your choice.
You must also configure your Tap Device to point to the
URL of your web application using IoTize Studio
and edit option
By default and for testing purposes, you can use IoTize http server at url