IoTize Development Kit Libraries are separated into multiple layers.
Protocol API :This layer controls receiving/transceiving raw data from/to Tap devices.
Client API: This layer builds and parses LwM2M commands and responses.
Tap API (Core feature): This API provides features specific to IoTize Tap :
- Easy access to exposed Tap services with a user friendly API through named functions. Data encoding and decoding is managed for you.
- Read/Modify target application variables.
- Target application variables monitoring.
- Encrypted communications.
- User authentication.
Extensions: You can easily build more advanced features based on the Tap's API. Separate libraries provide extra features:
- Relay library: Creates a relay (gateway) between two communication protocols.
For example, you can create a relay that transforms incoming socket commands into Bluetooth Low Energy commands.
- **Configuration library**: Configures your IoTize device using configuration scripts.