Tap Manager Applications¶
What is it ?¶
This solution is made for you if:
- You need a 'Proof Of Concept' for your app.
- You don't have mobile app coding skills.
- You don't need advanced mobile features such a GPS.
Please refer to 'Building a Mobile App' to learn about using 'IoTize Tap Manager' .
How does it work ?¶
Tap Manager runs your web app inside a
WebView. When you connect to a Tap device through the app it will:
- Read the url configured on the Tap device.
- Download your application (an internet connection is required).
- Inject the communication with the Tap in your web app.
- Run your web app in the webview.
Create your app¶
To create your web app you have 2 choices:
- Use a 'IoTize Studio' generated app.
- Build your own app from scratch, using IoTize APIs.
1. Dynamically created app¶
Please refer to IoTize Studio documentation to learn more about the integrated App wizard.
2. Developing from scratch¶
You need at least 2 libraries:
@iotize/device-client.jsthe core library
@iotize/device-com-webview.jsfor communication between the webview and your application.
Development is similar to developing for the
browser except that your app will run inside a
webview instead of a navigator.
Here a minimal application that reads the application name configured on the Tap Device.
More advanced web app¶
You can also develop your web app using your favorite
Typescript definition files are provided in the libraries.
Please refer to API Guide for more information about IoTize APIs.
Publishing your app¶
Tap Manager can load an app hosted on an
HTTP server. You need to host your Web App on a HTPP server, and you chould configure your Tap Device to point to the
URL of your web application using IoTize Studio.